Wedding Tips – 6 Ways to Make Your Wedding Great!
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, so why shouldn’t it be great?! While it may seem like there’s a lot to do, we want to remind brides not to stress, we’re here to help! Here are six wedding tips to make your wedding one of the best days of your life!
- Beat the deadlines by booking early. In the wedding world, a huge wedding tip is to realize that time is one of the most important resources! Venues, photographers and planners book out as far as a year in advance! First choose your date, then immediately start looking at venues. Once your beautiful venue is booked, book your photographer and planner! Next up is the wedding dress; many dresses take at least 3-6 months to receive once they are ordered and you will need a couple months for alterations. Once that is done, start with the guest list. The etiquette is to send out save the date invitations about 8 months before your wedding date. Most engagements last between 8 months and two years, and it’s no wonder why! The big wedding tip here is to think ahead. There’s a lot to do before the big day, it’s never too soon to get started!
- Details, details, details! Think early about the kind of little details you can add to your wedding to make it truly yours. One of the best wedding tips we can give you is to put your personal signature on everything from your bouquet to the favors. Make sure that everything from the decor to the meal speaks of you and your love. Picking your colors early will help with save-the-dates, floral design and even venue. Each wedding is unique, but your wedding can really stand out with the details. We’ve shot all over the world and therefore seen some amazing details, be sure to ask us if you want ideas on how to make your wedding uniquely yours.
- Remember that you are in this together. This is the best day ever for you and your spouse. Listen, take notes, plan, create and collaborate together. It should be just as much a celebration of your love as the lifelong commitment you are about to make. This should be a happy process. If it’s not, you’re doing something wrong! Have check-ins with your partner to make sure that you both are in a good space and aren’t forgetting about each other in the process of planning. Scheduled weekly or biweekly dates are a good way to regroup and refocus on each other! Helpful wedding tips on this point include – making lists for each person to do, setting timelines, and meeting with vendors together for a decision that you both are happy with.
- Take mental notes! The day will fly by, so be sure to breathe and enjoy the day. Try to take mental notes and enjoy the elegant wedding tablescapes, your handsome groom or bride, and the gorgeous floral arrangements. Take fun family photos and selfies with friends; the photographer will capture a lot but the feelings are meant to be lived in the moment! Get on the dance floor at the end of the night and let loose; those are some of the favorite memories that we hear our brides and grooms mention about their day!
- Use your team. You paid for them – a great bunch of wedding tips include using your vendors and listing to their advice. Feel free to split the work between them. The venue, wedding planner, photographer, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and family are all there to make your wedding experience easier. You don’t have to do it all alone, make sure to delegate! We know it’s hard to put decisions in another person’s hands, but that’s why you have a team you can trust. They are going to work hard to make your day the best ever and your vision come to life!
- Enjoy it, for goodness sake! It’s your wedding, the day you’ve planned for a long time. Once the details are in place and the day has come, stressing over details will not do anything, so sit back and enjoy watching your day play out! Put aside the phone, don’t pay attention to the clock, and dance the night away with your love!
For more tips, feel free to reach out to us – email@example.com
Getting married or know someone who is? We’d love to be a part of it! Drop us a line here to start your wedding experience.
Article by Clane Gessel Photography
Read more article